6/2/20

dear future self,  
This freshman year was like no other. There were so many crazy and unexpected events that have occurred. The months I spent at school were so fantastic, but there were some were rough times. I started off the year with volleyball. I never really played volleyball before except one year and I was so excited but nervous at the same time. I made the team and it was the best time of my life, I loved all the girls on JV and varsity. I made so many friends from the team with the older girls.  I absolutely loved the bus rides to our away games and playing so many new schools I have never heard before. I loved my classes that I was in and I met a lot of new people. I met one of my current best friends Lilly since she was in almost all my classes. I am so thankful that I met her, she is such a joy to be around all the time. And this whole year I met so many new people that I am still currently friends with. Homecoming was so exciting for me since I’ve never been, it was a great experience. My favorite part was finding a dress, it is so exciting. Christmas rolled around the corner and we decorated the whole school into a Christmas palooza. There were lights everywhere and the decorations were beautifulThis time of the year was the best because everyone was so happy, and we did fun things in class for Christmas. Basketbsll started and I made the team. I already knew a lot of the girls just from school and the season was going great. The new year came, and it was time to change some classes. I really liked my new classes and I love having more friends in my classes. The year was going so well until March. My best friend who moved to Frederick last year was planning to take me to Philidelphia for a concert. It was on a Thursday night so I would have missed that Friday. That week came and the corona virus was just started to get serious. There were rumors about school getting shut down, but no one thought it was going to happen. Fast forward we were on our way to the concert and it got cancelled, we still went to Philly anyway just to have a fun time. I got the email confirming school was closing for two weeks. I like this close because it was a little break from going into school, but then the two weeks kept extending. When we got the last email shutting schools for the rest of the year, I was sort of sad. I would never step foot into school being a freshman anymore. This whole time has been rough for me, I have been struggling with the online school more than others. No matter how hard I tried to do my schoolwork I fell into a drought. I was so miserable; I wasn’t used to being home all this time and being alone nonstop. I missed my friends so much and just wanted things to go back to normal. Currently everything is starting to open back up and we can see friends. I am really hoping to go back into school in the fall and hopefully this won't change our summer. This is definitely a huge life changing experience.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

cyber day 9 4/1/20

cyber day 8 3/31/20

cyber day 5 3/23/20